CD The Cowboy is a Patriot
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
In 1942, Gene Autry promoted America's war efforts through his nationally broadcast weekly radio program with patriotic songs, public service announcements, dramatic re-enactments, and Wrigley's Gum commercials. Gene heard his country's call to arms and enlisted on the air in the Army Air Corps at the request of the Pentagon during his live Melody Ranch radio show broadcast on July 26, 1942. From that point, through the duration of World War II, Singing Cowboy Gene Autry became Sgt. Gene Autry, and he broadcast weekly from military bases around the country and the South Pacific. This CD features classic patriotic songs written during the war years reflecting the emotions of soldiers and their families back home. Gene Autry presented a first hand account of the war via his broadcasts with announcements, songs, and dramas that informed and entertained. Presented chronologically through the war years, this collection presents a window into our past.
Show the List
Songs on Disc 1:
- "Any Bonds Today?"
- "I'll Wait for You"
- "There's a Star-Spangled Banner Waving Somewhere"
- "U.S. Air Force"
- "Silver Wings in the Moonlight"
- "It's a Long Way to Tipperary"
- "I Sent a Letter to Santa (to Watch Over Daddy for Me)"
- "When They Sound the Last All Clear"
- "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition"
- "With a Pack on his Back (and a Girl on his Mind)"
- "When the Lights Go on Again (All over the World)"
- "This is the Army Mr. Jones"
- "Comin' in on a Wing and a Prayer"
- "There'll be Jubilation Bye and Bye"
- "I'm Comin' Home Darlin'"
- "No Letter Today"
- "Military Medley" ("The Marine's Hymn" "Caisson Song" "Anchors Away" "U.S.Air Force")
- "Don't Bite the Hand That's Feeding You"
- "My Buddy"
- "Yankee Doodle Boy"
- "The Bible on the Table and the Flag Upon the Wall"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "God Bless America"
- Also includes original public service announcements, dramatic re-enactments, and Wrigley's Gum commercials.
- "Let Me Ride Down in Rocky Canyon"
- "Tears on my Pillow"
- "I'll Trade my Horse and Saddle"
- "Private Buckaroo"
- "God Must Have Loved America"
Bonus 2nd CD is the complete Melody Ranch radio show from July 26, 1942, broadcast from Chicago, Illinois, and includes Gene Autry being sworn into the Army Air Corp.
Songs on Disc 2: